Are You Ready to Bet on Euro 2016 with Bitcoin?
Euro 2016 is nearly upon us, as the biggest and best teams from the continent get ready to vie for Europe’s highest international honour. Germany, France, Spain, Belgium: all are in the mix to claim the title, and some enthusiastic pundits are even saying that England could do well – although this is said before most major tournaments.
This European Championship marks the first time that Bitcoin has been seen as a viable option for betting, and huge numbers of people will be staking their Bitcoins on matches throughout the tournament, eager to enhance their enjoyment of each and every match. But which teams are looking good for the title? And how can you bet on Euro 2016 with Bitcoin? Keep on reading to find out…
Euro 2016: The Frontrunners
Before every tournament, a few frontrunners always emerge – and generally one of them goes on to win the tournament (aside from Denmark’s famous victory in the early 90s and Greece’s shock triumph in 2004). So, this means that the majority of people betting on Euro 2016 with Bitcoin will select one of the following teams as their overall winner…
- France. France are the favourites for the tournament, according to the majority of the Bitcoin sportsbooks. This is in part due to their status as hosts, and in part thanks to the fantastic team they have, which includes players like Martial, Lloris, Griezmann, Pogba and Giroud.
- Germany. When were the Germans not one of the favourites? They have an unmatched ability to peak when needed, and are the current holders of the trophy. Fans will expect them to win the title, and they should easily make the latter stages, at the very least.
- Spain. The Spanish team might be in the twilight of its greatness, however they still pose a big threat. Their group isn’t the easiest though, as it also features Croatia, the Czech Republic and Turkey, so they could also be a shock early casualty…
- Belgium. Who would have thought that such a small nation would be in the mix for such a major tournament? Belgian football is going through a golden period, with players like Lukaku, Hazard, de Bruyne, Courtois and Nainggolan all able to cause huge problems for the opposition.
- Italy weren’t among the teams drawn from Pot A, and have consequentially found themselves in an incredibly tough group. All true football fans know that they’re always dangerous though, and they will give any side a decent game.
Anyone betting on the above teams will certainly have a decent chance of their selection becoming a winner, and they’ll be among the most popular choices for those looking to bet on Euro 2016 with Bitcoin. Don’t discount the dark horses of the competition though – teams such as Croatia and Poland, as well as England – as they’ll have a decent chance, and should also be available for some pretty decent odds pre-tournament as well.
Betting on Euro 2016 with Bitcoin
Euro 2016 looks set to dominate Bitcoin sports betting for the coming month, with Wimbledon providing the only real alternative. With more and more people turning to the world’s most popular virtual currency for their sports betting, punters should also find that there are a vast number of markets open to them, especially if they play at one of the better Bitcoin sportsbooks.
If you don’t currently own any Bitcoins, you should really take a look through this page on the basics of the currency. Once you’ve followed the steps and got your hands on some Bitcoins, you’re ready to search for the best place to bet. The easiest way to do this is to look through the different reviews of Bitcoin sportsbooks on this site and see which one takes your fancy. You could even bookmark a few, and then use different ones throughout the tournament, depending on the odds that they offer. Currently our favourite Bitcoin sportsbook is Betcoin, however you might think differently, so check out a few of them. Once you’ve signed up with them (or not, as some offer anonymous betting), you’re ready to start placing your bets!
Sites Accepting Bitcoin for Euro 2016 Bets
You’ll find that the vast majority of Bitcoin sportsbooks will have comprehensive markets for Euro 2016. After all, it’s the biggest sporting event of the summer, aside from the Olympics, so they all want to cash in. As mentioned in the last section, our number one pick for Bitcoin football betting of all types, not just on Euro 2016, is Betcoin, however there are also some other great options for you to pick from. These include:
So, you should easily be able to find a great site to bet on Euro 2016 with Bitcoin. And when the tournament is finished? You can start looking forward to placing some bets on the Olympics in Rio – using Bitcoin, of course!